The Customer Support Specialist is responsible for working with Lumen customers (primarily higher education faculty members) on support issues related to Lumen Learning’s educational technology software applications. This includes triaging, managing, and resolving customer support requests related to technical issues.
The ideal candidate should have 1+ years of experience successfully supporting customers in their use of digital technologies. The position requires high levels of collaboration with team members from across the company. The candidate must enjoy helping people solve problems, which includes effectively communicating technology solutions to team members and customers alike.
The position reports to the manager of the customer success team.
Provide Tier-1 and Tier-3 Level triage and ongoing technical support for Lumen customers. Ensure support requests and technical issues are handled efficiently, meeting team and individual performance goals in the Lumen Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Communicate effectively with clients and team members to collaboratively resolve technical support issues
- Lead the process to evaluate and prioritize customer support requests submitted by customers
- Independently address issues that help build customer understanding of solutions and effective practices
- Actively contribute to the process of troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues
- Create and revise knowledge base/user guide articles, allowing customers and team members to work effectively with Lumen’s technology platforms
- Number of tickets resolved monthly
- Median time to first reply
- Monthly customer satisfaction help desk score
- Customer feedback and comments
- Contributions to improve Lumen Customer Support (e.g. Identifying tool features/options, process improvements, helpful and creative ideas…)
- Excellent communication and empathy skills; people love you and want to work with you again
- The ability to develop user-centered solutions in a collaborative, iterative, and open learning environment
- Experience supporting technology and the ability to use new software applications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Based in Portland
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.