We build tools around Open Educational Resources (think open source course content) that dramatically reduce student costs. No more buying textbooks!
You will build software that will be used by course designers, teachers, and students to make educational content more accessible to everyone.
Create new features and help maintain our Rails and PHP applications while helping the whole development team improve their technical skills.
- Own implementation of larger development projects
- Break down technical projects for team work and help other team members implement them
- Help improve security and stability of existing apps
- Mentor the team to spread technical skills and ownership
- Mentorship attitude towards team work
- Experience developing large production web applications
- Desire to take ownership of projects and processes
- Strong communication skills and desire to work in team environment
- Desire to keep learning
- Experience technically managing large development projects
- Ruby/Rails development experience
- PHP development experience
- Experience with various AWS systems
- Familiarity with web security best practices
- Git familiarity
- Mentorship experience
- Being in Portland
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Initial phone call or hangout
Interview and pair programming in the office