Lumen Learning is a young, growing company looking to add to our Lumen Circles Team, which provides professional development experiences to help higher education faculty expand their capabilities as teachers. The Lumen Circles Recruiting & Operations Coordinator supports outreach activities to help institutions in their efforts to recruit faculty to participate in Lumen Circles programs. This position also manages communications, customer care, and efficient operational support to help us scale this part of our business. We are seeking an individual who can manage key recruiting and operational functions and reliably and effectively, making Lumen Circles customers feel successful and well-supported.
Your performance will be measured through your ability to manage recruiting and operational tasks accurately and efficiently with strong attention to detail, as well as your contributions to helping us sustain satisfied customer relationships.
Lumen Learning is doing something that has not been done before by creating superior tools and services to support effective teaching and learning practices. We use technology, data-informed learning design, and openly licensed content to enable unprecedented learning results and opportunities for all students, regardless of economic background. We eliminate the need for expensive textbooks with a rich online learning experience that costs $25 or less. Because effective teaching practices are also essential to support effective learners, we offer peer-based virtual learning communities for faculty members to explore effective teaching strategies, share ideas, and sharpen their skills as teachers.
Every day our work requires creativity, discipline, drive, teamwork, and immense flexibility. Check out our company values. If you’re a fit and if you want to work on something really important with other amazing people who exemplify the Lumen values, get in touch.
We offer a great benefits package including flexible time off, work autonomy, 401k matching, and health benefits. Lumen is proudly based in Portland, Oregon. This position is based in your home office. When safe, it may involve a minimal amount of travel.
The purpose of the Lumen Circles Recruiting & Operations Coordinator position is to support our institutional partners in successfully recruiting faculty for Lumen Circles programs and effectively executing operational processes to help us grow the Lumen Circles business.
Faculty Recruiting Activities
- Serve as a helpful partner working with institutional customers and Adoption Team account leads to plan and execute recruiting campaigns for Lumen Circles programs
- Follow defined processes and templated, repurposable marketing and communication tools to implement customer-specific recruiting campaigns and monitor results.
- Report on the success of faculty recruiting activities to key stakeholders, flagging where we may need to adjust activities in order to achieve recruiting goals.
- Use campaign data and customer feedback to continuously improve repurposable recruiting materials & process
- Assist with account management and maintaining up-to-date customer and activity information in CRM system
- Execute customer communications activities to support Lumen Circles operations, such as fellowship acceptance notifications, onboarding communications, certificate distribution, and soliciting customer feedback.
- Manage the Lumen Circles participant roster term over term, including assigning faculty to circles, adding fellows to the Lumen Circles platform, processing withdrawals and deferrals, and related communications.
- Work within the Lumen Circles platform to clone circles, edit and update circle activities, and manage users
- Continuously improve faculty onboarding & communication materials & process
- Monitor and respond to incoming operational inquiries related to Lumen Circles
- Administer Lumen Circles certificate program
- Assist with end-of-term reporting
- As opportunities arise, collaborate with the Marketing Team to develop repurposable marketing/recruiting materials and assets (e.g. blog posts, videos, etc.) to help promote Lumen Circles
Characteristics & Qualifications
- You are a hands-on and motivated individual that is capable of working in a fast paced environment to deliver a great experience to our customers.
- You are a self-starter with the discipline to work well independently to meet project goals and reliably fulfill responsibilities.
- You have excellent time management, interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- You’re eager to understand the big picture and how you support the goals and success of the organization as a whole – and of our customers.
- You enjoy communicating with customers. You strive for transparency and communicate with tact.
- You’re extremely reliable. Everyone knows that when you take on a task, you will see it through to the best of your ability.
- You are able to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects, and you are self-sufficient and resourceful in solving roadblocks to get the job done.
- You love learning and are eager to expand your skill set using new systems and approaches.
- You can manage complex tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in management, communications, marketing, English, or similar fields or equivalent experience.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have proficient computer skills including word processing, presentations, and spreadsheets (Google Business Suite preferred)
If you have some of these too we’ll be delighted
- Familiarity with Hubspot or other marketing automation systems
- Experience using WordPress (website publishing)
- Experience using Pipedrive or other CRM systems
- Experience using Adobe InDesign or other graphic design software
- Video editing experience
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.