Based on the OpenStax textbook, Precalculus, by Jay Abramson, this comprehensive course covers topics including linear, polynomial, rational, exponential, logarithmic, periodic, and trigonometric functions, along with equations, identities, conic sections, sequences, the binomial theorem, limits, and basic concepts of calculus. An in depth discussion and application of various functions, provides a foundation upon which trigonometric understanding and basic calculus knowledge can be built. The revised and modified course includes complete text, practice problems, videos, problem sets, practice exams, and online assessments.
Lumen OER courses apply learning science insights to engage students and better support the learning process. Content includes text, images, videos, assessments, directed feedback, practice questions, and other interactives that invite students to apply their knowledge and improve their understanding. Lumen’s online homework system, OHM, provides frequent practice, machine grading, and immediate feedback to help students learn and master math and other quantitative subjects.
Precalculus is available as an OHM course.
What People Are Saying
“OHM saves me time grading and is a good study tool for my students.” – Solomon Willis, Celveland Community College
“I just love the ease of use and ability to edit what I need in a course.” – Shirley Sinacore, Sullivan County Community College
“Since using OHM, I have time to help a larger number of students pass the course. It’s also easy for students to understand how to use.” – Jean Greear, Wytheville Community College
Why Teach with Lumen Course Materials?
- Replace expensive textbooks: Ready-to-adopt open educational resources (OER) include text, videos, simulations, self-checks, and other interactives.
- Choose affordability: Low cost to students.
- Use better content: Continuous, data-driven improvements make OER content more effective at supporting learning.
- Simplify access: Easy access to course materials in your LMS (Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, and Moodle) plus automatic grade return.
- Improve student outcomes: Research shows Lumen course materials can improve academic performance, passing rates, and course completion.
- Save time: Start with curated, outcome-aligned OER and supplemental instructor resources like quiz banks, assignments, slide decks, etc.
- Customize your course: Freedom to tailor course content to fit your learning outcomes and instructional approach.
- Enjoy awesome support: Faculty-friendly onboarding, training, and support.
- Learn by doing: Online homework, self-check activities, and other interactive tools strengthen learning.
- Engage from day one: Avoid falling behind with access course materials from the first day of class.
- Retain materials: Download a digital copy of course content to keep forever.
- Become a better learner: Real-time feedback guides students on where to focus and how to improve.