Copyright at Lumen
Lumen, Lumen Learning, Candela, Waymaker, OHM, and the Lumen logo are trademarks of Lumen. Unless otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
Attribution at Lumen
Lumen follows and recommends a standard Attribution Architecture for copyright and licensing attributions.
Report Potential Copyright or Licensing Issues
Prior to making any of its own resources publicly available, Lumen has reviewed all material extensively to determine the correct ownership of the material and obtain and attribute appropriate licenses to make the material available. Other portions of Lumen’s site include user-contributed content, and Lumen does not vet this material. In both cases, Lumen will promptly remove any material that is determined to be infringing on the rights of others. If you believe material published on a Lumen-hosted site infringes your copyright, let us know.
To file a formal notification under the DMCA, you must be either the copyright owner of the work or an individual authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. Your notification must include:
- Identification of the copyrighted work, or, in the case of multiple works at the same location, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. You must include sufficient information, such as a specific URL or other specific identification, for us to locate the material.
- Information for us to be able to contact the claimant (e.g., email address, phone number).
- A statement that the claimant believes that the use of the material has not been authorized by the copyright owner or an authorized agent.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and that the claimant is, or is authorized to act on behalf of, the copyright owner.