This Intermediate Algebra course provides a friendly yet in-depth review of algebra skills and concepts in preparation for college-level math courses. Content coverage includes: real numbers and algebraic expressions; linear inequalities and graphing of linear equations and inequalities; functions and function notation; linear functions; linear systems; exponents; polynomials and polynomial functions; factoring; rational expressions and equations; roots and rational exponents; quadratic equations and complex numbers; exponential and logarithmic functions; and exponential and logarithmic equations.
This course offers a complete set of resources including editable e-text with embedded videos and practice, along with online assessments and powerpoint slides.
Course materials are curated from a variety of sources. Primary sources include the NROC Network’s Developmental Math Open Textbook Units, mathispower4u.com tutorials by James Sousa and the OpenStax textbooks, and Precalculus by Jay Abramson, et al.
Intermediate Algebra: Lumen Learning is available as an OHM course.
Why Teach with Lumen Course Materials?
- Replace expensive textbooks: Ready-to-adopt open educational resources (OER) include text, videos, simulations, self-checks, and other interactives.
- Choose affordability: Low cost to students.
- Use better content: Continuous, data-driven improvements make OER content more effective at supporting learning.
- Simplify access: Easy access to course materials in your LMS (Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, and Moodle) plus automatic grade return.
- Improve student outcomes: Research shows Lumen course materials can improve academic performance, passing rates, and course completion.
- Save time: Start with curated, outcome-aligned OER and supplemental instructor resources like quiz banks, assignments, slide decks, etc.
- Customize your course: Freedom to tailor course content to fit your learning outcomes and instructional approach.
- Enjoy awesome support: Faculty-friendly onboarding, training, and support.
- Learn by doing: Online homework, self-check activities, and other interactive tools strengthen learning.
- Engage from day one: Avoid falling behind with access course materials from the first day of class.
- Retain materials: Download a digital copy of course content to keep forever.
- Become a better learner: Real-time feedback guides students on where to focus and how to improve.